Saturday, January 14, 2017

Google AdSense Makes Its Demands On Me



January 14, 2017

Google AdSense Makes it's Demands On Me



The other day I received an email from Google AdSense that my service has been turned off, and will not return until I comply with their "guidelines".

Here's the letter:

adsense-noreply@google.com

Jan 12 (2 days ago)





to adsense-noreply
Hello,
This message is to alert you that one of your websites is not currently in compliance with our AdSense program policies and as a result, ad serving has been disabled to your website.
Issue ID#: 74752735

Ad serving has been disabled to: guncraft.blogspot.in

Example page where violation occurred: http://guncraft.blogspot.in/2016/12/students-demandtake-number-for-stupidity.html

Action required: Check all other remaining sites in your account for compliance.

Current account status: Active

Violation explanation


As stated in our program policies, we may not show Google ads on pages with little or no value and/or excessive advertising to the user. This includes pages that are scraping or rewriting of content from other sources without adding value. Please review Google’s Webmaster Quality Guidelines (http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=66361) for more information.


Ok so what they are saying is that my commenting on news articles doesn't meet their HIGH standards for journalism excellence.

Ok, so lets dig down a bit ok.

Now Im sure you have seen these Google AdSense ads. They are the ones where you visit a site and a product...then magically that same product appears everywhere you go. Thats Google AdSense.

We, the blog owners, are paid on a per click basis. So whenever you click on an ad, we hear cash register doors opening and closing. Cha-ching! Its a beautiful thing in this marvelous digital world.

So, now I guess you'd be thinking that I would HAVE to change my stories...I mean, money talks right? How could I stand to lose all that revenue? Where would I get the money to pay for my mansion mortgage? My Bugatti Veyron needs new $20,000 tires...

My total Ad revenue from Google AdSense for the past 28 days is...$1.93

Thats correct $1.93

Now I suppose that I should be upset about losing such a vast sum of money. I should be heading down into the cellar to count my gold sovereigns...but I'm going to go out on a limb and risk it all by telling Google AdSense to piss off.

Here is the note I replied back to them with:

Jan 13 (1 day ago)





to adsense-noreply
I have removed your ads from my site.

In the last 28 days I have earned $1.93.
My content is not your concern, unless you disagree with the content, which obviously you do...to that I say tough. The content remains,

i'll have to find other ways to live without your 1.93 per month.
Shalom



I'll do the typically American thing and run my own Ads without Google dictating to me.

Ok so stay with me as I walk through this dilemma.

I could use the tried and true method of using a Doctor to help sell my product:


You know 9 out of 10 Doctors in America say that by using my XYZ Enhanced formula...




Meh...doesn't quite have the punch Im looking for.

Let's try this one...




My XYZ Formula will get you THIS




What do you think? Is this the start of something big?



If you like this blog, then please pass along

Shalom
Jerry

No comments: